At Last!!!!!
At last! Done with the totally unhealthy, ultimately boring and scaringly stressful course => Basic Logistic Officer Course. Let me explain why.
Unhealthy => Students are not allowed to run during the course cos they are afraid that we might lost our way or get hit by 'golf balls'. Not that I run regularly but with the coming IPPT in mind, I do have to catch up with my running. Now at last I can do some running. Then we are feed 5 meals a day. Breakfast, after breakfast break (with compliments from the Ninja Van), lunch, after lunch breaks, dinner and supper from the Jalan Kayu Prata shop. No wonder I'm getting real fat.
Boring => With recent introduction of Problem Based Learning, which is rumoured to help students learn better, we are required to do research on our own. This has pros and cons. Lets talk about the cons (since not many ppl talk about pros. Hey I'm not doing a commercial here). 1stly, the matter of time. In period where there is too much time, we usually sit down and do nothin after we've completed our research. Then there will be a case of too little time is catered. We will rush like fxxk and present half-finished researches. This isn't very good for those not task to research on the topic. But then, there is more time than there is less. Staring at the computer for too long isn't good for the healthy too...
Stressful => Especially during the last phase where all the exercise packed in to 1 week. there is a total of 3 exercise in the 2nd last week. We are doing exercise after exercise, rushing reports back to back. Then the SumEx was a killer. We played with real time war and log supply. 1 wrong move and your troops die. Although its simulated but then the tension is there. For me, I was suppose to monitor all the ops and log status. Imagine 4 Bn worth of soldier and CSS. And the COs (simulated too) who are too engross with their battles forgot to update me. Then I'll have to call fxxk them up. Stress!
But by and large, its a totally fun course. Knowladge aside, I'll gain valuable friends and meanings in life.
Now back to work! QM! haahaa...
Unhealthy => Students are not allowed to run during the course cos they are afraid that we might lost our way or get hit by 'golf balls'. Not that I run regularly but with the coming IPPT in mind, I do have to catch up with my running. Now at last I can do some running. Then we are feed 5 meals a day. Breakfast, after breakfast break (with compliments from the Ninja Van), lunch, after lunch breaks, dinner and supper from the Jalan Kayu Prata shop. No wonder I'm getting real fat.
Boring => With recent introduction of Problem Based Learning, which is rumoured to help students learn better, we are required to do research on our own. This has pros and cons. Lets talk about the cons (since not many ppl talk about pros. Hey I'm not doing a commercial here). 1stly, the matter of time. In period where there is too much time, we usually sit down and do nothin after we've completed our research. Then there will be a case of too little time is catered. We will rush like fxxk and present half-finished researches. This isn't very good for those not task to research on the topic. But then, there is more time than there is less. Staring at the computer for too long isn't good for the healthy too...
Stressful => Especially during the last phase where all the exercise packed in to 1 week. there is a total of 3 exercise in the 2nd last week. We are doing exercise after exercise, rushing reports back to back. Then the SumEx was a killer. We played with real time war and log supply. 1 wrong move and your troops die. Although its simulated but then the tension is there. For me, I was suppose to monitor all the ops and log status. Imagine 4 Bn worth of soldier and CSS. And the COs (simulated too) who are too engross with their battles forgot to update me. Then I'll have to call fxxk them up. Stress!
But by and large, its a totally fun course. Knowladge aside, I'll gain valuable friends and meanings in life.
Now back to work! QM! haahaa...

<< Home