When will my reflections show...

I've owned a star and named it 'Reflection' will it show what I am inside?

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Terminal

Tom Hanks + Steven Spillberg = A movie worth every single cent and a definate OSCAR nomination. Well the formular hasn't failed this time. The Terminal is really good.

Tom Hanks is a poor soul trapped in the airport for 9 months due to war in his country which lead to his passport being unvalid and he himself is deem "unacceptable" and therefore not allowed to enter the USA. Imagine the agony, the desparation of no one speaking his own language and he dont speak others language while being stuck in an unfamiliar ground, while cant forefill the purpose of coming to America and yet cant go home.

The shows unfolds 2 main type of character, the good and the bad (as other shows do). The good is of cos Hanks the bad is the Airport Field Marshal (Actually I've forgotten who is he or what is he, but his acting is really good). The good has everything from compassion (when he helped a Russian to bring back medicine to his father by lying to the bad that they are for goats), to passion where he tried to woo the flight stewardess. The bad however has none of this. But what they both have in common is determination. The good was determine to get to America to forefill his late father's wish and the bad was determine to get the good into trouble or back to his country.

I like the part where he (together with his new found friends at the airport) exacuted a well laid plan to get the flight stewardess to walked into his path and sit on his lap. I think everyone in the cinema must have loved that part. It not only showed his love for the stewardess but also good brains and a litttle humour (BRAVO to the producer and director). He also showed that he wasn't going to give up when told that it may be a long time before he can enter America. He made his own sleeping area in an undone part of the airport (gate 67), learned English by reading up on tour manuals, earned money by 1st being a trolley collector and then a contractor (did i mention that he is a genius in capentary?). Thats sheer determination. I think for others, would have just tried to escape to America since its only a door away.

All in all this is one show i've not regretted in watching. One of the best show I've watch in years. I wouldn't mind watching the show again and again. I think there are still more hidden message within the show that i have not grasped. Anyone would like to watch the show with me?

Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home